1. Accident & Emergency (Casuality)
Quality objectives 2020-2021
- To reduce patients’ turnaround time for critical patients from 7.39 hours to 7.1 hours by 30thJune 2022.
- To conduct one service delivery charter audit by 30thJune 2022.
- To improve Customer Satisfaction from 63% to 70% by 30thJune 2022.
- To improve training of ATLS, ATCN and ACLS among doctors and nurses from 52.8% to 70% by 30thJune 2022.
Receives emergencies on a 24 hour basis
A&E is a busy department which attends to approximately 200-250 patients daily majority of whom are trauma patients. In line with Article 43 of the Constitution of Kenya, KNH provides emergency medical treatment to all patients brought to the facility as emergencies.
Also handles referrals from within and outside the country, responds to national disasters and mass casualty incidences that happen in the country.
Functions of A&E
- Triaging of patients
- Provide emergency medical services to patients consulting and going to Emergency Department without prior appointment
- Treat unannounced patients-life threatening and routine
- Functions 24 hours, 7 days/365 days
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitative measures to patients with life threatening conditions
- Medical examination and assessment
- Medical treatment within the limits of the Emergency Department
- Referral to appropriate physicians for follow-up or definitive management after being seen in the emergency department
- Administration and feedback
- Public relations
- Relation with external hospitals
- Provide ambulance services
- Training and research
- Handling referrals from external facilities
- Management of patients’ surge
- Application of Plaster of Paris for fracture patients
- Issuance of drugs from our pharmacy
- Sample collection and analysis in the lab
Mr. Samuel Muoki
2. Mental Health Department
3. Nursing Department
4. Nutrition Department
5. Obstetrics & Gynaecology
6. Radiology and Imaging
8. Rehabilitation Department
9. COVID 19 Isolation Unit
10. Renal Unit
11. Lab Services
12. Blood Transfusion